Hi,

I've checked many of the related timezone questions in the forum but
none helped.

I'm on Rails 3.0.6 and using Postgresql.

I have my server time zone set to UTC with config.time_zone = 'UTC' in
my application.rb (it should be default anyway)

So I store Visit records in UTC: 2011-08-28 13:23:48.714506
I am in timezone +3 so I can verify that the stored created at is in
UTC.

Rails.logger.debug visits.last.created_at.class returns
ActiveSupport::TimeWithZone

I'm using pgAdmin3 and when checking the table on the UI app you can see
the datatypes. Strangely there in the UI of pgAdmin3 it reads
"created_at timestamp without time zone". That is odd.

Based in what I've read the data is in DB in UTC but when it pulls it
from the db it should convert it to local automatically.

I am in zone +3 so I should get 16:23:48 for the record above. But it
still comes in UTC.

Any hints what could be the problem?