Hello all, first time posting here.
I am Python programmer, and now I will have to learn Ruby on Rails for a
project. I am already familiar with the MVC philosophy.

Our project is really basic, it's a site where people can search and
give lessons about whatever actually. At the home page, we have a city
category, where you can choose which city you want in Holland. After
choosing that, it will show you every class in the current city you
choose. So if you chose Amsterdam, it will list all the lessons in
Amsterdam. Now I have to create a "filter" another kind of category,
where after choosing the city and getting this whole list, you can
filter them in types of class, so if you are searching for a sport
course, it will list filter everything and only show you the Sport
courses.

I would like to know if anyone can just give me some tips and hints
where to begin, and what would be the best way to do it.

Sorry for my English.

Thanks in advance.