On 11/10/2011 6:46 PM, Colin Law wrote:
On 10 November 2011 11:46, Siva Prasad<newror.u...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Gurus,

Ok, I got chance to rework on it today.As Colin suggested i debugged the
code with  the ruby debugger. Below is the details explained.

Controllers:

site_controller.rb
------------------------------------
def new

@site=site.new
@site.users.build

end

def create

@site=site.new([:params])
debugger
###### code i have added #######
@site.users         (using debugger i did p @site.users it prints the
usertable with values i have given in form but role = nil because i dont
take role value in form)
@test=@site.users
@test.role='admin'  (using debugger i did p @site.users it prints the
@test is an array of users, I don't understand how you can do
@test.role='admin'.  I would have expected it to produce an error.

usertable with values along with role as admin) But DB is not updated.

end
You don't appear to have saved anything to the database.

Colin

Colin,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

if I do @site.users.role (this throws me an error) but not @test.role does not

Can you let me know  below

1) how go about adding a role ot user object . coz I have given resource.role='sitadmin' in the user controller (which is registartion_controller) 2) I am doing @site.save ( which I thought would save the data to database) If i needed to do explicitly can you pls let me know

--Siva