On 11 November 2011 10:35, Mauro <mrsan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How you manage document names?
> Do you create a folder for every company in which save their documents
> or rename documen name to avoid duplicates or to avoid rewrites?

I have a polymorphic AttachingType model, which has a FileAttachment
model associated to it. The file attachment stores info about the file
size, mime type, original name, etc, and I renamed the file to be the
id of the file_attachment object (and the original file extension) and
save it to a local folder.
If I think I'm going to have *lots* of files in the folder (in the
order of tens of thousands), I break the structure down and put all
ids beginning with 1 in one sub-folder, 2 goes in another, etc.

In my models I create a AttachingTypePhoto (for instance) association
and all the rest "just works".

I should *really* polish-up the code and stick it in the public domain :-/