Thanks for your reply.

We are one month away from pushing our code into Production. So, I don't
think we will be able to move to 5.4 beta 1. Even though code change
involved might be minimal, it has to go through full testing cycle which is
very time consuming. Also, I don't think Management will put a beta release
into Production.

Is there any workaround to address those listeners issue in 5.2 itself? What
exactly is the function of listeners and can we tweek our implementation to
limit the number of listener objects?

Also, what about the object size increase with Drools 5? Is that expected?