On 12/04/2011 02:02 PM, Graydon Hoare wrote:
Cross-crate inlining (when and if we do it) is a mixed blessing anyways.
It hurts data and procedural abstraction -- both virtues of "proper
software design" -- in order to help compile-time (but not run-time)
modularity. I'm happy to experiment with it, but I don't think it should
be seen as a panacea either. The tradeoffs are numerous.

Strongly disagree. If we cannot inline stuff like map, we cannot create a performant browser engine. There is no way around this.

Patrick