On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Stefan Plantikow <
stefan.planti...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> 1. I support being able to drop mandatory literal type specifiers on
> values that are within the range of their expected type
>
>   Related: I'd like contributed source highlighting code for vim, emacs
> etc. to highlight all literal type specifiers
>   (very long f32, f64 literal constants can be difficult to read
> otherwise, e.g. -XXXX.YYYYe-Zf32)

Think also of hex literals (e.g. 0xabcdefi32). Syntax highlighting seems
like a hack to get around syntax that just plain sucks. If you guys are
open to changing the literal suffix syntax, the C tradition of magic
letters may not be theoretically appealing but it would be much more
ergonomic.

-Joe