On 07/24/2012 07:29 PM, Niko Matsakis wrote:
Yeah, thinking more on it I'm not sure I want it anyhow.  It's kind of
magical.

Probably just fixing the bug about warning about unused bindings is the
best thing.

In that example, if A::foo were a module in addition to an enum, would you import everything from the module in addition to all the variants? If so, resolve3 would have to resolve foo in the type namespace as well as the module namespace in order to resolve A::foo::*. This would make globs less likely to resolve (by how much, I don't know).

The interaction with multiple namespaces and reexports was the reason why the original magic variant importing behavior was removed.

Patrick