On 7/24/12 7:53 PM, Patrick Walton wrote:
In that example, if A::foo were a module in addition to an enum, would you import everything from the module in addition to all the variants? If so, resolve3 would have to resolve foo in the type namespace as well as the module namespace in order to resolve A::foo::*. This would make globs less likely to resolve (by how much, I don't know).

The interaction with multiple namespaces and reexports was the reason why the original magic variant importing behavior was removed.

I didn't realize we ever had that feature. I knew that if you *exported* an enum it exported the variants, didn't know the same worked for importing at one point.

Niko