On 12/18/2012 10:35 AM, Michael Neumann wrote:
Hi,

  let a: u8 = 10_000; // this does not fit inside u8!
  io::println(fmt!("%?", a)); // print "10"

I would have expected that rust would warn me if I try to assign an integer constant that doesn't fit into the types range.
Maybe there exists a warning that I can enable?

This is a surprise to me too. Perhaps the compiler just doesn't do this check yet. There is a lint check called type_limits that is enabled by default but it only deals with comparison operators.