On 02/22/2013 07:07 PM, Graydon Hoare wrote:
> After some consultation with the rest of the core rust developer group,
> I've posted some new guidelines concerning editing rust's libraries:
>
>    https://github.com/mozilla/rust/wiki/Libs
>    https://github.com/mozilla/rust/wiki/Library-editing

The process seems reasonable, and I like your module guidelines. But,
what is the goal of Rust's standard/included libraries (which is what I
think you're talking about there)?

But I have a sort of philosophical question: is the goal to provide a
core set of generic pieces like the C++ library or a "batteries
included" approach like Python?

I assume Rust will need a Big Bag o' Random Libraries, like Hackage or
CPAN; do you have any ideas on what the dividing line between pointing
at that and accepting something into the distribution would be?

--
Tommy M. McGuire
mcgu...@crsr.net