Jeaye,

>>Tim,

Not entirely sure if these are what you want, but bjz's glfw-rs repo
has some basic examples of using glfw-rs that may serve as a basic
example of Rust, too.

See these:
https://github.com/bjz/glfw-rs/blob/master/examples/cursor.rs
https://github.com/bjz/glfw-rs/blob/master/examples/window.rs
https://github.com/bjz/glfw-rs/blob/master/examples/gl-struct.rs

Along with the rest here:
https://github.com/bjz/glfw-rs/tree/master/examples<<<

Thanks for the suggestion! So far I'm not sure if these illustrate the
main concepts I'm trying to get across, but they look great as
potential additional extended examples.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM, Daniel Micay <danielmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Map trait is a bit ugly because it's sorely in need of default
> methods to reduce the burden on implementations.
>
> I think the Iterator trait in the `std::iterator` module is a great
> example, because it's a simple trait and it's easy to demonstrate
> implementations and adaptors for it. It's also a nice way of showing
> off the lifetime system because with owned containers you can't
> invalidate the iterators. I don't think there are many other languages
> able to represent something like statically freezable mutable
> containers.

This is a great suggestion as well. I don't know why iterators didn't
occur to me as a potential example; they almost stand alongside traits
and borrowed pointers as major attractions on a tour of Rust.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * http://catamorphism.org/ * Often in error, never in doubt
"Not a riot, it's a rebellion." -- Boots Riley