Mingw added new winapi at mswsock.h:

#if (_WIN32_WINNT >= _WIN32_WINNT_VISTA)
int WSAAPI WSAPoll(WSAPOLLFD, ULONG, INT);
#endif

but they forgot to add definition of WSAPOLLFD.

Someone submitted patch at http://sourceforge.net/p/mingw/bugs/1980/
but seems like it's not on mainstream.

Anyway, we (including libuv) don't use the api. Removing the codeblock helps us.

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Vadim <vadi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm.  Looks like mingw released a new version with gcc 4.8 and that somehow
> broke mswsock.h (though the file didn't change).
>

> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 6:56 PM, Thad Guidry <thadgui...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Doesn't work...
>>
>> Errors regarding libuv and mswsock...
>>
>> http://pastebin.mozilla.org/3038909
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 5:06 PM, Vadim <vadi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Brian,
>>>
>>> Actually, I would argue that these changes *should* be made before 0.8
>>> release in order to smoothen the path of people who will install 0.8 to try
>>> it out.
>>>
>>> Regarding the work to be done, as far as I know all you need is:
>>> 1. Save libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll from %mingw%\bin
>>> 2. "mingw-get update"
>>> 3. "mingw-get upgrade"
>>> 4. run %rust%\configure  (not sure if actually needed, but won't hurt)
>>> 5. "make clean"