So, in my experiments tonight...

I had to have the following copied into stage0/bin in order to build with
mingw32 (gcc 4.8.1)

Older libstdc++-6.dll which I got from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/Base/gcc/Version4/gcc-4.6.2-1/libstdc%2B%2B-4.6.2-1-mingw32-dll-6.tar.lzma/download

AND

libpthread-2.dll (which I created by copying & renaming pthreadGC2.dll )
... and now it builds just fine with i686-pc-mingw-32.

I also agree with klutzy that we should bundle them for now.  (and will
enjoy getting a Clang build version to work from stage0 + whenever we can
muster that origami)

--
-Thad
Thad on Freebase.com <http://www.freebase.com/view/en/thad_guidry>