On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Greg <g...@kinostudios.com> wrote:
> I don't think Rust can succeed as a language if it massively differs,
> visually, from the language it intends to offset (C++).
>
> Yes, I agree, and that's why I wrote:
>
> "By this point, I'm aware that this is unlikely to happen."
>
> I think it's still possible to simplify Rust's existing syntax while
> maintaining the features it offers.

My point is that the familiar syntax *is* a feature. What
simplifications do you propose? I think everyone is mostly happy with
the syntax at this point, so your proposed changes and justification
are going to be very pursuasive, and followed by a PR, for there to be
a chance of them being accepted.