Can we have Two rust?

The first one would be easy to learn, easy to read, and do most of ones
would expect: on demand garbage collector, traits, Owned pointers,...

The second one would include all advanced feature we actually don t
need everyday.

Of course, we don t want to split the language, but rather présent the
current things differently. The tutorials are a good starting point
however, the rest of the documentations are quite complex. I would be very
delighted to help on this matter. There could be some effort on
simplification of the API (std/extra): provides just "the right functions"
first, and allow all flexibility in a second step, maybe in an "advanced
functions" parts in each API doc.

For instance url.rs. To parse a string, you have to write this:

let u = url::from_str(urlstring).unwrap();

I would propose this solution:

let u = parse_url(urlstring);

=> simpler, easier to read, easier to remember !
Of course, the unwrap thing would still be here.

base64.rs:

let s = [52, 53, 54].to_base64(STANDARD);

=> why adding the "standard" argument? One will ALWAYS want the "STANDARD"
method of creating the base64 representation of some bytes, why not adding
this argument as default.

There are some minor change to the API that would help a lot the learning
of this language, along with adding more code sample in the documentation.

After year of writing C++ code with complex API (boost) I enjoy writing
with python which seems to provide just the right methods I need.

I'll willing to help, but I don't easily find a easy starting point :)

Gaetan