On 11/13/13 11:37 PM, Patrick Walton wrote:
> 1. Finish fleshing out the native I/O in libstd to achieve parity with
> the uv-based I/O.

You may be interested in taking a look at the API of OS.File. The design
is rather different to libuv, as it is meant (only) for file I/O rather
than (mostly) net I/O.

In particular, we to:
- minimize the total amount of I/O required (so as to save battery);
- take advantage of high-level primitives provided by the OS wherever
available;
- expose OS-specific features, rather than just ~Posix;
- use a single worker thread, to avoid causing disk thrashing.

Cheers,
 David

--
David Rajchenbach-Teller, PhD