On 12/05/2013 04:53 AM, Patrick Walton wrote:
4. *The argument to functions such as "filter" should be pure to allow
for stream fusion.* Purity is hard in Rust. We tried it and the
annotation burden was too high. At least our iterators allow for more
stream fusion than creating intermediate data structures would.

Could you elaborate a bit for those of us who weren't around? I've been thinking about how purity would work in Rust, but a quick search says the verdict was apparently "kill it with fire" (#5384). If there's a List of Things We've Already Tried So Stop Asking, this really needs to be on it.