This may be go nowhere, especially so late in Rust's development, but I feel like this is an important, relatively small change (though a high-profile one). I believe it could have a large, positive impact in terms of targeting new developer communities, gaining more libraries and applications, giving a better impression of the language, AND on performance and futureproofing.

However, a lot of people who are interested in performance will probably baulk at this, on first sight. If you're in that group, let me encourage you to keep reading, at least until the points on performance /improvements/. Then baulk, if you like ;)

Also, I said it in the post as well, but it's late here, so apologies for any readability / editing issues. I tried, but sleep beckons ;)

http://blog.irukado.org/2014/01/an-appeal-for-correct-capable-future-proof-math-in-nascent-programming-languages/

--
Lee