You are right, it is about convenient access to the info, not the lack of
info.

What is problematic about bors rewriting commit messages and changing
hashes? My workflow is to always work on throw away branches and merge back
into master. Is it common to work on master and merge back on top of your
PR? Or are there other problems with changing the hash?