I agree that a protable terminal would be sweet, however the terminal and
shell are only half the story: you then need a uniform set of tools behind
the scenes else all your scripts fail.

I would like to take the opportunity to point out Mosh [1] as an existing
(and recent) shell, it might make for a great starting point.

Regarding project ideas, I myself would be very interested in:

- concurrent collections (lists, hash-sets, hash-maps, ...), while I know
this is not in the spirit of CSP sometimes forcing a single queue to access
a collection creates a bottleneck.

- a MPMC queue, at the moment Rust stops at MPSC with its channels and once
again when the load is too important you really need to be able to have
multiple consumers. It could potentially be tied into a WorkerPool
implementation where you can freely administrate the pool size and just
post jobs to the pool, but maybe it could be implemented free-standing.

[1]: http://mosh.mit.edu/