> A user won't care if Arc and Rc are built-in or not.

They will definitely care, once they attempt to write their own pointer
types and find that they're second-class citizens compared to the types
that have been blessed by the compiler. There's little point in having a
powerful and extensible language if even simple types need hardcoded
compiler magic to function.