Hi,

I believe the high level topology which Iwase mentioned looks like:

You need to config Ryu BGP speaker so Ryu BGP speaker can send BGP
advertise to external BGP speaker, vice versa.

For OF-Switch, you need to install flows to it so it can forward both ARP
and BGP messages between Ryu BGP speaker and external BGP speaker

To connect from Ryu to OF-Switch is simple, all you need is to connect
NIC/interface from your Ryu machine to the OF-Switch with a ethernet cable
;)
​

Yi Tseng (a.k.a Takeshi)
Taiwan National Chiao Tung University