Good morning,

First of all, I would like to apologize if a similar question was already
asked, but I was unable to find something that could help me.

I'm using s-nail 14.9.22 from Voidlinux and I tried to display HTML emails
without success so far. In 'features', filter-html-tagsoup seems to be
supported.

 features=,+locales,+multibyte-charsets,[…],+filter-html-tagsoup,[…]

The command 'mimetype' correctly displays html and according to the
manpage, it should be displayed by HTML tagsoup ('?h').

 mimetype ?h application/xhtml+xml  xhtml xht
 mimetype ?h text/html  html htm

In my .mailrc, no settings related to html were defined.

Unfortunately, when I read a message, the HTML is simply not displayed.
I can see the MIME headers like so, without any content beyond those
lines :

 [-- #1.2 1497/60620 text/html, quoted-printable, utf-8 --]

or

 [-- #1.1.2 253/19290 text/html, quoted-printable, utf-8 --]

If I try the 'mimeview' command, same behavior applies.

During my interactive tests, I decided to force display 'text/html' as
plain text with the following command. It has no effect :

 set pipe-text/html=?t

The trick was to use 'set pipe-text/html=?', without the 't'. Could it
be possible that the '?h' we saw earlier from mime types, is not
understood ?

Even if I know HTML tagsoup will be enough, I copy pasted the following
line from the man page (after 'unmimetype text/html'), as the last
attempt :

 set pipe-text/html='?* lynx -stdin -dump -force_html'

Same as before, nothing is displayed.

On Ubuntu 20.04, s-nail is a bit more "old" but it suffers from the same
symptoms.

Going back to s-nail (as I was already doing in 2014) after using a
webmail for my personal address felt like a breeze. I'm looking forward
to solve that mystery. Once again I am requesting your kind help as I
did many times in the past, with different emails.
I also take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and all
these years of maintaining s-nail. We are attached to it.

Kind regards
N.