I used Eudora for a few years and never had a virus.  Have used Netscape
for the last few (3-4) years and have had 2 instances of a virus.  I use
a current version of McAfee and get almost weekly updates from them. No
problems since getting McAfee.  BTW, it did find a virus a few weeks ago
and cleaned it up.

Peter Ervin wrote:
> 
> I have been a subscriber to this list for 3 or 4 years and I have never
> gotten a virus from it or anything else.  And I don't (I hate to admit)
> have anti-virus software installed on my computer at home.  But I do use
> Eudora for my email instead of Outlook.  I heard somewhere that most
> viruses are written for Outlook; I think that's why I have so few problems.
> 
> I have occasionally received attachments that contained viruses, but I have
> never opened them.  I don't open attachments unless I know the sender, and
> even then I don't open them if anything looks the least bit odd.
> 
> I'd be interested to hear if other subscribers are using Eudora and, if so,
> what is their experience with viruses.
> 
> Peter Ervin
> 
> S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
> All the "Flyer" you desire...books and accessories too!
> 
> To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

-- 
Chuck Smith of the NASG, Rochester Area S Gaugers (RASG) 
and the S Gauge Chemung Valley Lines. http://home.eznet.net/~cesmith

"It is often wiser to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to speak up and remove all doubt." Mark Twain

S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the "Flyer" you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to