I notice a lot of people make distinction between the scale and hirail/AF poles.
I feel this is somewhat a misnomer because modern hirail is essentially scale except for couplers and flange size.. I think a more accurate distinction is scale/hirail and AF. As a hirailer I scratch and kit build structures, kit build some cars, and run locos and cars from AM, SHS, PRS, Des Plaines Hobby (container cars), etc. If you look at modern hirail cars the only difference is the flange size and the ugly "claw" couplers. I am ready to start converting some "claws" to Kadees. I will never become a rivet counter but do want a realistic representation of a railroad. This means I won't be rebuilding the handrail stanchions on my SD60. Maybe this attitude would help defer some of the exclusionary attitude I think I detect on the part of some scale guys. -- Chuck Smith of the NASG, Rochester Area S Gaugers (RASG) and the S Gauge Chemung Valley Lines. http://home.eznet.net/~cesmith "It is often wiser to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt." Mark Twain S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com All the "Flyer" you desire...books and accessories too! To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
