Well, since you mentioned it...  

I attended The New Haven show last year.   It was a good show and entertaining.  But 
here was my dilemma this year:  since I already made a long drive out to the NASG 
convention in Cleveland,  I didn't want to make another long trip so soon.  I've also 
noticed that the farther northeast I go, the higher the prices get, so I balance the 
length of the trip to the number of bargains I would expect to find.  I've found the 
best bargains recently at Gilbertsville and Hanover - local little firehall shows.  
IMHO, York isn't what it used to be, bargain-wise either, but it's not very far, so I 
go for the entertainment value, if nothing else.  I don't really like Greenberg shows 
either - IMHO, the cost of admission is too high and they charge the vendors so much 
for table space, I feel it stifles bargaining.  If money was no object...  

Maybe someday this price spiral bubble will burst and I'll seriously add to my Flyer 
stock again while being entertained at shows both near and far.  But IMHO, the price 
spiral is probably powered by baby-boomers like me, so I doubt if I'll see a serious 
price decline in my collectible life time.

Tim
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Don Thompson 
  To: Tim Brown ; Robin Vanacore 
  Cc: S-List 
  Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 10:12 PM
  Subject: Re: [S-Trains] Great Scal Model Train Show @ Gettysburg


  Dear Tim,
      The show to be this weekend is "S" was at the Yale gym in New Haven.  Robin and 
John Vanacore put on a great show and I know that we are looking forward to Next 
Years.  Thank you Robin and John,

  Don, Mike and Robin.


  Tim Brown wrote:

  > FYI,
  >
  > I was shocked to see, IMHO, how small this year's Great Scale Model Scale Train 
Show in Gettysburg was and I was very disappointed.  I have stricken this show off my 
list of future trains shows to attend.
  >
  > Regards,
  > Tim

  -- -- Don Thompson
  S Helper Service Inc.
  http://www.showcaseline.com
  1.800.465.0303
  New Reefers, 3 car reefer sets and Rebuilt boxcars are now shipping!
  http://www.showcaseline.com/woodenreefers_in_stock.html




[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the "Flyer" you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to