**(((As far as I'm concerned, nothing beats a dry piece of Scotch-brite pad. I
cut a single piece into 4 sections for use. It's almost effortless, leaves
the rails nice and shiny without scratching the enamel, and leaves no mess.
And there's no metallic fibers hanging around, like you'll get with steel
wool. When it's dirty, throw it away and use a new one.)))**
I agree with Doug! For my last Christmas layout,...I used a lot of AF track
w/roadbed, that I just
received from ebay. The track was pretty dirty,...I was in a rush, and wanted to lay
out the track,..after
I achieved my design,...I tested with a loco,...ran fairly well,...Of course not
perfect due to the dirty track,...
{Please no letters!! I NORMALLY clean track before running a loco!!}....I didn't want
to take the track apart,..
so I used a Scotch-Brite pad,...effortless, really,...and the loco ran great!! I did
get a few LITTLE green pieces of pad
on my white sheet under the track,...but was easy to suck up with a vac.
Rick.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!
To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/