<<<<> For those of you old enough (smile) to have purchased original AF
> equipment when it was new, at what types of stores did you shop?
>>>>

Growing up in CT, I can recall seeing AF layouts and buying AF products at G
Fox & Co. in Hartford (NO.....I never did get one of those boxcars or
billboard whistles there!!!!!), and also right next door at another equally
large dept. store called Brown-Thompson.
I also recall walking a few blocks away to a small hole-in-the-wall hobby
shop. I assume they also carried AF, since I really had no other hobby
interests at the time that would  have drawn me there.
Hartford was 30-40 miles away from my home, but I don't recall ever shopping
for AF elsewhere.

Doug Peck
Port Lines Hobby Supply
6 Storeybrooke Drive
Newburyport, MA 01950-3408
Shop Hours - Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays: 2-5 PM (EST), and 7-9 PM.
Saturdays: 2-5 PM.
978-465-8798
1-888-708-0782 (Toll-free; Orders only, please.)
Website:  www.portlines.com
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
VISA--MASTERCARD--DISCOVER--AMEX--PAYPAL  Accepted.



S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to