I was once asked to put a QSI unit in an AF steamer, instead of repairing
the reverse unit (the on-motor early one). Well, their unit uses one field
connection as the common, or chassis connection, as does Big L. ACG,
however, uses a brush, usually the right side one, for the common on the
engine that have a "hot" chassis (346, and 5 digit locos mostly). Not being
able to contact them, and having a reverse unit that looked brand-new, I
fixed the reverse unit instead!
    So, these postings got me wondering, and I finally was home during
"normal working hours," so I called them. AH HA!! the guy on the phone knew
the problem, seemed suprised that I could follow the necessary changes, but
was willing to tell them to me. So the secret is out, remember, the
following is High Security!
    Connect the Green wire to the isolated brush, The Brown to the
chassis-connected brush, and it's common tender truck; the Orange to the
other tender truck. The Yellow and Blue go to the field. If the engine goes
in reverse instead of forwar first, reverse the field leads. I haven't tried
it yet, but he says it works!
Hmm, just looked at my unit, no colors! From reading the manual a few times,
I've come up with the following:
M2= Yellow, ACG=Green, Fld=Brown, M1=Blue, AC=Orange.
I hope this works!
S'
David


S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to