I grew up in east Denver and can remember buying American Flyer at 
the May D&F, Denver Dry Goods, Montgomery Wards on South Broadway, 
Downtown Hobbies, Caboose Hobbies and a really neat toy store in the 
Cherry Creek shopping center called Andersons Toyland.  As I recall 
the whole basement was trains and slotcars and on the roof was a 
small amusement park with several rides.  All the kids that grew up 
on the east side of town went there.  For Christmas in 1965 my 
brother and I got a Flyer All Aboard Train Set and an Aurora Slot Car 
set and my parents also bought a new Zenith color TV.  Now Lawrence 
Welk was in color on Saturday Night.  Life was good.      


S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to