Hello All,
I just purchased a new Lionel AF Checkerboard Water Tower. The
packaging illustrates a clear bubbling water tube as I fully expected
as this was an official Lionel AF re-release of a classic, beautiful
accessory. After I arrived home and took it out of the box to place
it
on my layout I was initially shocked and then dismayed that the
bubbling tube was not clear but rather amber in color. Is this
supposed to be a WATER tower or an OIL tower? Also, the red lens on
the top of the tower is not illuminated as the tube does not extend
through to the top of the tank. Do any of you have any insight as to
why Lionel used an amber tube rather than a clear tube. Or why
Lionel
choose not to illuminate the top lens? I am not pleased with the
effect. Did the MTH reproduction version use a clear tube? Did
their
tube extend through the top of the tower and painted red on the tip
as
in the original Gilbert issue? Any insights or comments by our group
members regarding this would be greatly appreciated by me. Thank you
for your time.
~~Robert Johnson~~
Dismayed in California
S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!
To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/