I told this story a couple of years ago on here, but I'll do it again since 
the interest seems peaked. My cousin got a Flyer set for Christmas 1947 and I 
fell in love with it because all I had ever seen to that time was three rail 
stuff.  I badgered my parents ceaselessly from that point on for a Flyer 
train set. It never happened. They were too poor to afford it. A year later I 
got a Marx Monon diesel set for my birthday.  I ran it to death in about a 
years time, and that was that. One day in 1959 just after being discharged 
from the Air Force I was walking down a street in my neighborhood and saw a 
bunch of junk out in a guys front yard. It was the first "yard sale" I had 
ever come across. In the middle of it all was a huge cardboard box with some 
two rail track sticking out of it. I peeked, and behold, a whole bunch of 
Flyer stuff was in there. There was a 293 and 13 cars making up the 
uncataloged Sears "Near Miss" set from 1956/57. There was also a barrel 
loader, fueling depot, water tank, some Plasticville, 6 floodlight towers, 
about a mile of track, a pair of 720A switches and a 40 watt transformer. 
There were a few other pieces that escape me now but I bought it 
all......$20. The rest is history. I still have all of the stuff bought that 
day except the floodlight towers. 

End of story.....Steve


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to