Hi Guys,

I'm in the middle of building my first B & K turnout.  It is a #6 open frog type, with 
.148, rail that I hope to grind into a high rail configuration.  I've reset the guard 
rails.  I have a question about the gapping of the closure rails to isolate the frog.

I really don't want to.  I want to replace the conducting throw rod with non 
conducting material, say styrene, and use JB Weld to hold it in place.  Has anybody 
done this?

Otherwise I'll have to gap the rails.  So. what holds them in place?  The instructions 
don't say, I guess spikes.  But will spikes really hold the gapped closure rails?  And 
if I put enough spikes in, I'm afraid of loosing too much flex in the rails.  What do 
you think?

Does anyone recall the Model Railroader, sometime in the 90's, that had an article on 
hand laying an H0 turnout?  The answer might be there.

Also, I have not received a digest since Monday the 17th, #1775.  Is it my Yahoo or 
the snow storm or what?

Thanks,

Tom in Maine


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to