>>>SNIP>>>
   From: "beechcricker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Thank yous!

I wanted to take a time out to express my appreciation to many of you
that have answered my questions to date or in general provided excellent
guidance for this relative newbie. . . .

This is a great list--the wealth of info you all have amazes me.  I'm
sure glad I "found" you.

Jeff Feldmeier
Allen Park, MI 

>>>

Dear Jeff,

You're so right. There is something special about S gaugers, other than
the fact that we're all nuts for modeling in this minority scale. It's
not easy to be an S gauger, but that's part of the fun. (Although it's
getting easier by the day.)

This list (thanks again, Paul Yorke!) has had an emancipatory effect on
our hobby. Those of us in the hinterlands are now connected. How many of
you out there have actually traveled to visit with S friends that you've
made through S-Trains? Why, if it weren't for this list, I never would
have had the pleasure of meeting David Dewey of California or Roger
Delthony of NY as they swung through Boise.  Now, if I ever get to Allen
Park, MI, I can look you up, Jeff. Who woulda guessed?

I'll make a plug here for another group: NASG. I've been able to attend
only one national convention, but my wife and I had such a terrific time
and met so many nice people from all over the nation! Thanks to the NASG
membership directory and this list, I know that wherever I travel, I'll
be near an S friend. I don't know if our "other-scale" brethren can
claim such a close family.

Sure, there are those of us who sometimes need to take a Valium and go
lie down, but we love 'em anyway. After all, they're S gaugers. There
may be one or two who get disgusted with us for some reason and jump
ship, like the fellow who recently posted about wanting to return to HO.
We're sorry to see him go, but he'll be back. We simply have too much
fun!

Well, as one of the 749 on this list who don't often post because we
can't think of anything to contribute, that's my 2 cents. It's a great
time to be an S gauger, and here's to a glorious future!

Remember � there's a reason that Superman doesn't wear "HO" on his
chest!

YourS,
John Eichmann, Coordinator
Rocky Mountain Hi-Railers
Boise

S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to