- Greeting`S' -
Gee whiz. Usually Chris Zizzo makes statements which I am so much in
agreement with, that Will Rogers might have said that I was unnecessary.
In the matter of accessories running at various speeds, usually the torque
required is constant (not so with the sawmill). This means if the speed
is halved, the power needed is halved. Put another way, the torque made
available in the armature is proportional to current. Some of this torque
is eaten by friction. The remainder is available at the shaft. So, Chris,
if you don't mind, I propose that cutting the speed in half on an accessory
that requires a constant torque will leave the current pretty much unchanged
and the required power halved.
Cheer`S'
Rhett
S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!
To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/