Hi Nikolaus,

Thanks for the prompt and detailed reply :)

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Nikolaus Rath <nikol...@rath.org> wrote:

> Tor Krill <tor.kr...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Looking at the PPA for Ubuntu S3QL requires Python 3.3 but Wheezy only
> > has Python 3.2. I investigated the possibilities to backport Python
> > 3.3 to Wheezy but that seems like quite an undertaking.
>
> Hmm. I think the last time I checked, it was enough to just recompile
> the jessy packages for wheezy:
>
> apt-get source python3.3/testing
> apt-get build-dep python3.3
> (cd python3*; dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc)
>
> Have you tried that?

I tried this and the build succeeds. The problem is that i need to pull in
a whole bunch of packages from Jessie to be able to do the build. This in
the end results in a package that is not installable on a plain Debian
Wheezy system :(

"Selecting previously unselected package python3.3-minimal.
dpkg: regarding python3.3-minimal_3.3.5~rc2-1_amd64.deb containing
python3.3-minimal, pre-dependency problem:
python3.3-minimal pre-depends on libc6 (>= 2.15)
  libc6:amd64 is installed, but is version 2.13-38+deb7u1."

Alternatively i tried to use this ppa as a source not that heavy on
dependencies https://launchpad.net/~fkrull/+archive/deadsnakes

But in the end i ended up with having to rebuild all to many packages for
this to be feasible.

I will look in to migrating the complete system to Ubuntu instead. The
upcoming LTS release seems like a good candidate.

Thanks for the support!

/Tor