Tor Krill <tor.kr...@gmail.com> writes:

>> > Looking at the PPA for Ubuntu S3QL requires Python 3.3 but Wheezy only
>> > has Python 3.2. I investigated the possibilities to backport Python
>> > 3.3 to Wheezy but that seems like quite an undertaking.
>>
>> Hmm. I think the last time I checked, it was enough to just recompile
>> the jessy packages for wheezy:
>>
>> apt-get source python3.3/testing
>> apt-get build-dep python3.3
>> (cd python3*; dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc)
>>
>> Have you tried that?
>>

> I tried this and the build succeeds. The problem is that i need to pull in
> a whole bunch of packages from Jessie to be able to do the build. This in
> the end results in a package that is not installable on a plain Debian
> Wheezy system :(

I think you're doing something wrong. You mean the "apt-get build-dep
python3.3" step requires installing packages from Jessie? Which ones?

> "Selecting previously unselected package python3.3-minimal.
> dpkg: regarding python3.3-minimal_3.3.5~rc2-1_amd64.deb containing
> python3.3-minimal, pre-dependency problem:
> python3.3-minimal pre-depends on libc6 (>= 2.15)
>   libc6:amd64 is installed, but is version 2.13-38+deb7u1."

Clearly, this python3.3-minimal package was not build on a wheezy
system. Are you sure you did the "apt-get build-dep" and
"dpkg-buildpackage" on a wheezy system?

Best,
-Nikolaus

--