Hello Nicolas,

> --> fsck.s3ql does not fix the issue, will happen again at some random
> time later
S3QL somehow manages to delete/garbage collects an _Inode object that is
dirty (i.e. has an attribute modification that is not persisted in the
S3QL database)
This bug is probably not related to the SQLite database or the backend.
So a fsck.s3ql does not help.

Can it be reproduced? I suspect it happens, when you do many file
attribute modifications (chmod, chown, touch) simultaneously. You might
want to test this with a throw-away local backend without
compression/encryption - since this bug is unlikely related to the used
backend – so you can skip all the network traffic/costs of a remote backend.

> --> SQL 3.3.2 (I know, cannot upgrade right now)
You might want to first upgrade before diving into debugging this issue.
Since newer versions of S3QL use pyfuse3 instead of llfuse and also use
a newer trio versions it might very well be that your bug has vanished
in newer S3QL versions.