Hello Nicolas,

>     S3QL somehow manages to delete/garbage collects an _Inode object
>     that is
>     dirty (i.e. has an attribute modification that is not persisted in
>     the
>     S3QL database)
>

> So, if I understand correctly, since it is a pending modification on a
> now deleted inode, this is not really a problem, right? Said
> otherwise, the filesystem is not corrupted? [...]

No, the inode/file does not have to be deleted. There is a pending
metadata modification (access time, modification time, file size, file
mode) that should have been persisted (written in the Sqlite-Database)
but it did not made it in the database.
File data is not corrupted, but some metadata of your files might not be
in the correct state.