I had seen the following statement in the vote message, which seems to
be saying you consider the vote passed if you get 3+1 votes from ipmc
members (ie mentors) before Friday (although this conflicts with the
later statement in the vote email about dev list voting then going to
general):

"The vote is open until Friday August 3rd 2012, 16.00 GMT and passes
if a majority of at least 3 +1 IPMC votes are cast."

I'm fine with either approach, but it should be more clearly spelled
out in the vote email what the approach is. Do you have a "how to
release" page? That would also help. See here for an example such
page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/HCATALOG/howtorelease.html

Patrick