the idea of Islamic places name is taken by another project which is ojuba (
http://www.ojuba.org/) a project brother to Sabily but based on fedora, it
will be a bad idea to use the same naming rule as them especially that we
have in common many sub projects (like hijra, othman, monajat...).

2011/5/9 Muslih Al Aqqad <za1...@yahoo.com>

>  um, i have a little story. yesterday i talked with ma friend, he is a
> christian, and i talked about sabily, and he asked about codename of sabily
> 11.04, what does is mean, and i told him its a war in ahd
> Rasolollah-shallallahu
> alaihi wa sallam-, and inshaAllah next release the name will taked from
> ghazwa( war in age of Rasolollah-shallallahu alaihi wa sallam-) too, like
> yarmok, hodaybiya, uhud, etc.
>
> And then he asked to me, the question like it "why should be taked from
> ghazwa name? actualy its looks extremely,and it will make people especialy
> like me (non mmuslim) be cynical and feel bad,and you said that islam is
> rahmah for all human being,isn't?
> i just suggested for codename taked from islamic place from this world,
> like alexandria, jordan, etc"
>
> i think his opinion is good,and i agree with it and also it's will make us
> (designers team) will be easy in making wallpaper, screen saver, and other
> artwork....

عبد المنعم كوكة
Abdelmonam Kouka
http://sabily-guru.blogspot.com/