On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 08:56:02AM -0700, Paul-Olivier Dehaye wrote:

> I followed the instructions from
> http://wiki.sagemath.org/combinat/Installation
> and ran into a problem (see below for the dump) when installing the
> patches on top of a mint 4.1.1. The folder that is looked after
> doesn't exist (actually, not even /Users/Shared/sage , my install
> folder is /Applications/sage , as per the instructions online) . I
> fixed it by adding a symbolic link, but this is not the right
> solution.
>
> I don't really see what this has to do with combinat, but since I got
> the error in installing the combinat patches, I guess it should be
> reported here.

Thanks for the report! Did you install Sage from binaries or from
source?  In case it is from binaries, could you try to install it
(say under /Applications/sage-source) from source to see if anything
similar pops up?

Oh, btw: symmetric functions (and actually all algebras) are currently
broken on 4.1.1 due to a missguarded patch. That will be fixed in an
hour or two.