> Thank you for the information, Sébastien! The circular problem is
> interesting; maybe support for operations on circular words could be
> added in the future.

Yes, good point! I am thinking about it. Moreover, I believe
CircularWord would behave the same as a PeriodicInfiniteWord, so I am
thinking of implementing both at the same time.

>> Thus I think not having it return a word would be more appropriate.
>
> Note that DeBruijnSequences(10,3).an_element() could still return a
> word. This second design choice is yours.

I think an_element shoud be consistent with the iterator (either both
return words or both return lists or both return tuples). And I am ok
with returning a python object like list or tuple. It is more
versatile like that and a word can still be created from it.

Sébastien