On 3/28/11 7:05 AM, Martin Rubey wrote:
Anne Schilling<a...@math.ucdavis.edu>  writes:

Hi Martin,

Promotion is defined on semistandard tableaux over the totally ordered alphabet
say {1,2,...,n+1}. Your example below

sage: t = Tableau([[3, 2, 1]])

is not a semistandard tableau since it is decreasing in its row. Before
promotion
was only implemented for rectangle, now it is supposed to work for semistandard
tableaux of arbitrary shape over the alphabet {1,2,...,n+1}.

Yes, I know, that's where the smiley came from...  I should have asked
more plainly: isn't there a class for semistandard tableaux?

A lot of methods for tableaux are in the Tableau class which only make
sense for semistandard tableaux, such as `bump` or `schensted_insertion`.

Cheers,

Anne