Anne Schilling <a...@math.ucdavis.edu> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I just added a new patch on trac which implements the Schuetzenberger
> involution on both words and tableaux and also the promotion operator
> on tableaux of arbitrary shape:
>
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/10446

I found that it doesn't work for arbitrary tableaux :-) Would it be
better if it worked for arbitrary posets?  I guess that the user
interface is the main issue: as a method for posets, input and output
are linear extensions.  Can we "automatically" (I mean, in SAGE)
identify a SYT with a linear extension of a appropriate poset?  How
about SSYT?

Martin

sage: t = Tableau([[3, 2, 1]])
sage: t.promotion(2)
AssertionError                            Traceback (most recent call last)

AssertionError: A tableau must be a list of lists of weakly decreasing
length.
sage:

sage: t = Tableau([["a", "b", "c"]])
sage: t.promotion(2)