On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 08:38:00AM -0700, Volker Braun wrote:
>    When I gave a week-long lecture series using Sage I built a binary
>    distribution on one of the machines in the computer room. Just build Sage
>    with all patches of your liking and then sage -bdist. Then I wrote a small
>    shell for the students to use that would download and unpack the binary
>    distribution to the local computer's harddisk (if the local Sage directory
>    does not yet exist) and run it from there.

If you have access to an homogenous network of computers, this sounds
definitely like the right way to go. Christian: will this be the case
for you? Or will people be working on their own laptops like in our
typical Sage days?

Otherwise, the server approach works fine assuming:

 - Not too many people (~10-20), or a well configured server to
   support the load. We had trouble in Toronto with 30 people last
   July. I haven't followed the flask notebook development; maybe it's
   not an issue anymore.

 - You don't plan for the participants to start editing the Sage
   sources themselves.