Hi William!

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 09:47:51AM -0800, William Stein wrote:
> I tried this example from [1]:
>
>   CrystalOfTableaux("A2", shape=[2,1]).latex_file("/tmp/a2rho.tex")
>
> After installing dot2tex, I get the error "sh: latex: command not
> found; ERROR    Failed to process input".    I'm using OS X, and of
> course I do have the latest latex fully installed and the command
> "latex" works fine from the command line.

Just to make sure: does latex work from sage -sh?

> Incidentally, I was trying to get a quick executive summary or tour of
> "algebraic combinatorics" in Sage, since I'm giving a talk on Sage at
> a combinatorics conference about an hour from now, but I couldn't find
> anything like [2] say.  Is there something?    I was hoping the guided
> tour in the Sage tutorial [3] would have something about combinatorics
> (or even graphs), but no.
>
> I'm curious if I'm missing something obvious.   The solution for my
> talk will be to show the table of contents from the Combinatorics
> chapter of the reference manual... which I guess (?) totally excludes
> anything in the famous combinat patch queue.
>
> [1]
> http://combinat.sagemath.org/doc/thematic_tutorials/lie/crystals.html#tableaux-and-representations-of
>
> [2] http://sagemath.org/doc/bordeaux_2008/
>
> [3] http://sagemath.org/doc/tutorial/index.html

You may want to look at the demos in:

        http://combinat.sagemath.org/doc/thematic_tutorials/demos.html#demos

And in particular the Algebraic Combinatorics one. Not everything will
work without the queue.  Yes it is urgent that we merge those
tutorials and demos in Sage, and that we link things together.  There
are also three upcoming thematic tutorials on combinatorics, graphs,
and lp that will come from the French sagebook (already translated;
need to be converted to ReST and merged).