On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 07:36:51AM -0700, Frédéric Chapoton wrote:
>    trying to test my own files on sage 5.0, it seems that it takes many
>    import statements. Some of them behave strangely :
>
>    sage: import_statements(euler_phi)
>    from sage.rings.arith import Number of positive integers <=n but
>    relatively prime to n
>
>    sage: import_statements(QQ)
>    from sage.rings.rational_field import Rational Field
>
>    It appears that the name of the function is replaced by its description...
>    and the import statement is no longer correct and useful..

import_statement is really just a quick hack I had in my init.sage and
that I pushed into Sage upon popular demand. I am not surprised it
fails: euler_phi is not a class or a function, but an object, so
figuring out where it comes from is more involved (there is a similar
example in the doc).

Now if some volunteer wants to step forward and improve
import_statement, that would be very welcome!

Please open a ticket, and advertise it on sage-devel.

Nicolas M. Thiéry "Isil" <nthi...@users.sf.net>