Hi Andrew,

If you did reinstall your sage-combinat, then there should not be any problem.
Looking at your last commit, it looked to have gone through fine!

The usual workflow is as follows:

- update from the queue frequently since there is a lot of flow and you want to
  have the most up to date version
  You do that by
  sage -combinat update

- If you are working on a patch you can write it to your patch by
  sage -hg qrefresh

  It is usually best to commit after you have pulled from the server to avoid
  merges or conflicts. For this, go to your directory
  ../sage-combinat/.hg/patches
  and type
  sage -hg pull
  sage -hg update

  After that you can do

  sage -hg commit
  sage -hg push

  In case you committed and people in the meantime have pushed changes to the
server,
  you need to merge your changes with theirs. For this do

  sage -hg merge
  sage -hg commit
  sage -hg push

I hope this helps,

Anne

On 7/12/12 3:19 AM, Andrew Mathas wrote:
> Thanks Anne. Yes, I did a clean install of sage-combinat, but I think I
> forgot to to a "hg init", which might have caused my problem??
>
> I am sure that I am not in the default tip. The question, how do I get into
> it?
>
> When I do a commit should I merge using revision number from my patch or some
> other number. I didn't want to use revision number from my patch in case it
> screwed up the queue again...
>
> Cheers
> Andrew
>
> On 12/07/12 10:11 AM, Anne Schilling wrote:
>> Dear Andrew,
>>
>> Did you delete your sage-combinat folder on your local machine and then
>> reinstall
>> sage-combinat via
>>
>> sage -combinat install
>> ?
>>
>> Nicolas put a new default tip in the mercurial repository. So if you are now
>> in the
>> non-default tip, this might explain your problems.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Anne
>>
>> On 7/11/12 4:35 PM, Andrew Mathas wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Sorry for breaking the queue last week. I am trying not to break it again
>>> but whenever I push a patch to the server merging returns the error message
>>>
>>> abort: branch 'default' has one head - please merge with an explicit rev
>>>
>>> I am not if I am missing something in my commit process and I don't know
>>> where to find the revision number to complete the merge. The log of my
>>> commit is below.
>>>
>>> Could some one please set me straight? I am not able to read sage-combinat
>>> directly at the moment (I'm behind the great firewall of China), so if you
>>> could cc any reply to me directly that would be
>>> appreciated.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Andrew
>>>
>>> ---
>>> How I am committing:
>>> I am following the instruction on
>>>
>>> wiki.sagemath.org/combinat/MercurialStepByStep#Pushing_patches_to_the_sage-combinat_server
>>>
>>> After first running
>>>
>>>     sage -combinat update -f
>>>     sage -hg qpush -a
>>>     sage -br
>>>
>>> testing my files and updating again I did the following:
>>>
>>> 730-patches: sage -hg push
>>> pushing to http://combinat.sagemath.org/patches/
>>> searching for changes
>>> remote: adding changesets
>>> remote: adding manifests
>>> remote: adding file changes
>>> remote: added 1 changesets with 3 changes to 3 files
>>> 731-patches: sage -hg pull -u
>>> pulling from http://combinat.sagemath.org/patches/
>>> searching for changes
>>> no changes found
>>> 732-patches: sage -hg merge
>>> abort: branch 'default' has one head - please merge with an explicit rev
>>> (run 'hg heads' to see all heads)
>>>
>>> sage reports that there is only one head. Presumably the real head is on
> [...]

Anne Schilling              E-mail: a...@math.ucdavis.edu
Professor                   Web:    http://www.math.ucdavis.edu/~anne
Department of Mathematics   Office: MSB 3222
University of California    Phone:  (530) 554 2326
One Shields Ave             Fax:    (530) 752 6635
Davis, CA 95616